Thursday, October 04, 2007

Annoying use of bad grammar...

Ah...yes. After a long "vacation" from blogging, I am finally BACK!

Or at least for this post....

I'm not really going to talk about what I have been doing for the past missing month(s) but will just continue on with the post. Oh, yes. I will at least say this much...been recording some of my songs with Gerard Gan aka. Mr. G/G Man! Still very amateurish but oh well...still learning.

For unknown reasons, I've been watching many Singaporean videos on youtube with regards to life in Singapore. Mostly funny stuff but covering local politics, culture, weird antics, etc...

One thing I've realised and was quite annoyed with was the occasional bad use of grammar by the characters/speakers/actors in the vids. This mostly dealt with wrongly placed past, present and future tenses.

Admittedly, I'm not that great with the english langguage myself and do end up speaking (and typing) 'England' here and there (plus a whole lot of spelling mistakes) therefore I can't really complain. Thing that annoyed me wasn't the layman speaking bad english but those who are erm...shall we say..."educated" using spatterings of wrong tenses just kinda killed it for me.

One would think that using english as their main medium in education and more so for those who went overseas to study (as they admitted themselves) would not succumb so easily to the failings of us less regular speakers or those who use "rojak" as a communication tool to speak to our peers.

Thinking about it now, i belive i once (i'm going to totally give up pressing the shift key to capitalize my 'I's) commented on this. Not trying to pick a fight or be contemptuous or anything for that matter but just felt i wanted to write this down somewhere. Why not let the world know what a judgemental person i am....wakkakakak!!! No offense and peace be with you....

Before i go, just wanna say that it's 4 am in the morning and for unknown reasons, even to myself, i am still awake. Please forgive if this is weird/offending/pointless/makes-me-seem-like-a-contemptuous-bastard/"you knnccb think you damn power now wan point finger at us singaporean larr harrr!!!"/"go and die larr u fucker"/"screw you asshole...think your england better than us!"

Out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home